Apex body of medical doctors in Nigeria, the Nigerian Medical Association (NMA) has elected its new executive officers to pilot the affairs of the association with renowned African physician, Dr. Aniekeme Uwah emerging as the National Publicity Secretary.
The new executive members were elected at the end of the association’s 60th Annual General Conference and Delegates Meeting on Saturday via a poll held online.
It’s new spokesman, Dr. Aniekeme Uwah who is a highly sought after public health and infectious disease expert is also the current secretary of the Covid 19 response Committee of the Common Wealth Medical Association, an intercontinental umbrella body of National Medical Associations under the British Common Wealth.
He had served as the Chairman NMA Akwa Ibom State 2016-2018 and the immediate past Epidemiologist, ministry of health, Akwa Ibom State.
The new members of the National Officers Committee (Exco) , elected to run the affairs of the Association from 2020 to 2022 are as follows:
1. President – Prof IAO Ujah mni
2. VP 1 – Prof Razaaq Adebayo
3. VP 2 – Dr Dayyabu A Ibrahim
4. Secretary General – Dr Ekpe P. Uche
5. Dep. Secretary – Dr Saliu Oseni
6. Treasurer – Dr Eric AnaAnazodo
7. Nat. Fin Sec – Dr Jauro P Degri
8. Nat. Pub Sec – Dr Aniekeme Uwah.
9. Editor Nigerian Medical Journal – Prof. Augustine V. Umoh