The UK Government’s Department for International Trade (DIT) in partnership with Innovation Corner is launching Lagos Immersion for social innovators in Nigeria. This is new contest which aims to illuminate the strengths of the African technology scene and encourage greater investment; especially those which address some of the macroeconomic and development challenges of the continent.
- How will you harness tech to support Nigerian companies to do more business internationally?
- How would you use tech to increase gender equality?
- How will you use tech to fill the skill/knowledge gap existing in the economy; putting into consideration the digitally excluded percentage of the population?
- How will you harness tech to reduce the unemployment rate in Nigeria?
- How would you leverage technology to reduce greenhouse gas emissions?
Successful applicants will receive an invitation to the Lagos Immersion hackathon on July 10, 2019, and winners will receive the following:
- Winners will be paired with mentors with investment background and access to a wider network for 4 months.
- Winners will be invited to the Beyond Nigeria networking session with the Deputy High commissioner of the UK High Commission in August 2019 and subsequent sessions.
- The opportunity to pitch your ideas to potential investors and partners in Nigeria and the UK
- Winners will receive support from the Department for International Trade and Innovation Corner
- Access to local and foreign Immersion corporate partners and much more
Application dates & deadlines
To participate, please go to www.immersion.ng and submit your application by July 7 2019.
Application deadline: 07 July 2019 (12 pm)
Invitation to the hackathon: 08 July 2019
Hackathon: 10 July 2019