A female 300 level student of the University of Uyo, Helen Okon on Tuesday has passed away in her sleep.
According reports, the late student of the Early Childhood and Special Education department was scheduled to take her final exam on Tuesday morning but was still lying in bed. Her roommate noticing this reached out to wake her up, but she was already dead and cold.
Whitish foam was seen on her mouth, which could possibly be caused by poisoning, while some say she convulsed and was rushed to the school’s medical centre that night, but she didn’t make it through. Prior to her death, she never complained about any ailment or being sick in the past weeks.
Findings also show that this is the second case of recorded death in the institution in the space of one week. Both deaths occurred in the same hostel Hall 6.
Helen’s family had since be notified on the death of their child.