As the #10Percent4Youths advocacy campaign continues to gather momentum, with the aim of addressing the problem of high youth unemployment in Akwa Ibom state that has given birth to the establishment of Akwa Ibom Youth Development Fund (AKYDF) bill, which will
Here, Youth Alive Foundation is giving young people the opportunity to being a part of this campaign by sharing their thoughts (personal story) on what the Akwa Ibom Youth Development Fund (AKYDF) should do for them by producing a creative video by joining this contest on Social Media (Facebook/Instagram) and stand a chance to win amazing prizes. 1st prize – laptop, 2nd prize – a tablet and 3rd prize – smart phone.
How to Win.
– Upload short videos poetry, songs, spoken word or comedy on Instagram or Facebook of 45 seconds’ maximum.
– Use the hashtag #AKYDF4Me and tag @yafng for your videos to be seen and assessed.
– Personalize the campaign by replacing (#AKYDF4Me) me with your first name, an example is AKYDF4Akpan, AKYDF4Idara, at the end of the video.
Assessment of videos will be 50% based on the number of likes a video receives and 50% will be based on technical assessment of our team. The three most creative videos will be publicized across YAF’s online media, Youtube channel and adverts for television. Videos can be produced in English, Pidgin or your local Akwa Ibom dialect.
About #10Percent4Youths Advocacy Campaign
When passed into law, the Akwa Ibom Youth Development Fund (AKYDF) bill will provide funding for youth empowerment. Once established, youths will be able to get the following:
- Start-up funds that will help start or expand their businesses.
- Funding professional certification to help youths gain practical skills that makes them employable.
- Funding reorientation programs that will make youths embrace job creation rather than seeking jobs.
- Funding other viable sectors of the economy other than the oil sector like agricultural enterprise to boost food chains and provides employment for youths that will lead to an overall boost in the economy.
- Funding public private sector partnership that allows young people gain work experience and increase their chances of securing paid jobs.