,

Troops Gun Down Suicide Bombers to Avert Attacks in Borno

Nigerian Army

The Nigerian Army says its troops on Monday averted two separate bomb attacks by three female suicide bombers in

Monguno town, Borno.

According to a statement by the Army spokesman, Col. Sani Usman, said the first foiled attack occurred at 6.15AM.

Usman said the first attempted attack was targeted at a camp for Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) located on the outskirts of Mungonu.

    “Today at about 6.15AM, two suspected female Boko Haram suicide bombers attempted to attack Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) fetching water at a borehole located about three kilometres, outskirt of Monguno.

Our vigilant troops detected and gunned them down, killing two of the bombers instantly.

Unfortunately, the explosive they were strapped with exploded and injured two civilians.”

Usman said the third suicide bomber that followed a different route detonated hers at 7.10AM close to troops’ deployment along the same road.

He said the injured persons had been evacuated and were receiving medical attention at the 8 Task Force Division’s medical facility.

He said the troops have cordoned off the general area and imposed restriction on movement into Monguno.

What do you think?

0 points
Upvote Downvote

Total votes: 0

Upvotes: 0

Upvotes percentage: 0.000000%

Downvotes: 0

Downvotes percentage: 0.000000%

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *